Tuesday 5 May 2009

Roll on the summer

When I was a kid, I used to hate the first week in May. It meant no more proper football for three months and a summer of wondering what to do with myself.

But having attended close to 100 matches again this season (most in a working capacity), I feel the end of the season has come at just the right time.

Yes, football is pretty much the be all and end all of the UK sports media. But too much = overkill. And just as I was this time last year, I'm drained by the very mention of it.

So what will I be doing over the summer? I will be at Wimbledon again for the Official Wimbledon Website and pitching for other work on cricket and tennis.

And maybe getting a little bit of rest. Because the pre-season friendlies start second week in July!

No comments: