Thursday 2 October 2008

A brand new gadget

It was home for me last night taking it easy. Sadly so too were Chelsea and Cluj - I had decided to watch the Chelsea game given that I'd watched Liverpool's first Champions League match in full. Big mistake.

Chelsea and Cluj both seemed content with a 0-0. Chelsea dominated the play but just did not look as if they were really that bothered. Cluj had no ambition and were just happy to defend in numbers.

So it was some partial delight that I discovered a new Sky Sports gadget. The alerts function. For those unfamiliar, you can watch any one of eight live Champions League matches and just as a stray John Obi Mikel pass hits the advertisement board again up pops a line: "GOAL! Anorthosis Famagusta 3 Panathinaikos 1. Press red to view."

And so I did - all night. The hope that the likes of Shaktar Dontesk might score any minute was the only thing that kept me awake.

No comments: